Why this recipe is gut-friendly:
This recipe keeps it simple but delicious with just a few ingredients to a perfect protein! Boneless and skinless chicken breasts are a great low-fat, lean protein option and paired with lemon juice and seasonings, will keep you full and satisfied.
Keep in mind!
This dish is both flavorful and easy to prepare while adhering to a low FODMAP diet. On top of that, this recipe is also gut-friendly, gluten-free (GF), and dairy-free (DF). Remember to check ingredient labels and portion sizes to ensure that you stay within your specific FODMAP tolerance levels. Enjoy!
This recipe is for one person, however, it can be doubled/tripled/quadrupled to feed 2-4 people!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tb fresh chives, chopped
- 1 Tb fresh oregano, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, chives, and oregano. Mix well to create the marinade.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then place them in a large resealable plastic bag or a shallow dish.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken, ensuring it’s evenly coated. Seal the bag or cover the dish, then refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, allowing the chicken to marinate. You can marinate it longer for more flavor if desired.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and grill it on medium-high heat for about 6-8 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 165℉ (74℃) and the chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- While grilling, you can brush the chicken with some of the leftover marinade for extra flavor.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Serve the grilled chicken with lemon slices and your choice of low FODMAP sides, such as a simple green salad, roasted carrots, or steamed beans.