Why this recipe is gut-friendly:
This recipe is a quick and easy option. This is a high-protein, flavorful, and vegetable filled recipe.
Keep in mind!
Here's a simple and delicious recipe for Grilled Chicken and Vegetable Skewers that is low FODMAP, gut-friendly, gluten-free, and dairy-free. Remember to adjust the portion sizes and ingredients according to your individual tolerance levels. Enjoy your flavorful and Low FODMAP-friendly meal!
This recipe is for one person, however, it can be doubled/tripled/quadrupled to feed 2-4 people!
For the Marinade:
- 1/4 cup garlic-infused olive oil (make sure it's FODMAP-friendly)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
For the Skewers:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- Zucchini, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- Bamboo skewers (soaked in water for 30 minutes to prevent burning)
- In a bowl, combine the garlic-infused olive oil, lemon juice, dried oregano, salt, and pepper to create the marinade.
- Place the chicken cubes in a resealable plastic bag or a shallow dish. Pour half of the marinade over the chicken, seal the bag or cover the dish, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (or longer for more flavor).
- While the chicken is marinating, prepare your vegetables.
- Thread the marinated chicken, red bell pepper, zucchini rounds, and cherry tomatoes onto the soaked bamboo skewers, alternating between the ingredients.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush the skewers with the remaining marinade.
- Grill the skewers for about 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are charred and tender.
- Serve the grilled chicken and vegetable skewers hot, with a side of your favorite Low FODMAP dipping sauce or a simple garlic-infused olive oil with some chopped fresh herbs.